Monday, January 28, 2013

 

50 Years of Progress

Comments originally posted Friday, January 25, 2013

While watching grandson Adam at the Brouillet Elementary School MLK Day program, several thoughts grabbed my attention.

1. This was the first student assembly in years where I wasn’t working to insure appropriate student behavior. I got to just sit back and enjoy. I wanted to post pictures of the teachers working and the students presenting, but then I didn’t know who might get upset about showing up on FB.

2. In a mere 50 years since “I Have a Dream” we have come a long way in recognizing the person and his/her character are far more important than race or ethnicity. Not everything in the “good old days“ was good. Laws helped make that transition, but surely there were many other things at work as well. We are still in need of those intangibles that have gotten us this far.



Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?